Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Power of Contentment

Have you ever considered the power of contentment in your life? Also, have you noticed the lack of power in your life when you are not content? Contentment affects us more than we even notice. Please be aware of that fact! When I lack contentment, everything around me is influenced in a negative way. Nothing looks good or promising! I become down hearted and pessimistic! However, when we decide to be content every thing looks different!

God has truly worked in my life in recent days in the area of contentment. It is amazing to see things is fresh new ways. The exact same things that I was looking at, but now with a different attitude. My goal in life is to be all that God wants me to be! That means I have to approach life with a attitude of contentment. I have to be happy in the moment...in the now!! I do not need to have self pity in what I think should or should not happen! I need to accept what God has placed in any and all areas of my life:
...family
...ministry
...church
...community
...health
...friendships
...struggles
...worries
...finances
...concerns
...etc

It is so liberating to be content with what God provides and offers, rather than being in bondage to the things that I am personally discontent with! Contentment produces joy. The joy that only a Holy God can give. Lord, help my heart's focus to always be you!

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."
1 Timothy 6:6
"I am not saying this because I am in need,
for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
Phil. 4:11



No comments:

Post a Comment